Crystal Clear Images
Our new standard, you live in High Definition, and so do we! Watch your TV come to life with crystal clear images, even when on standard definition channels! We also offer HD on selected premium channels.
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Stay up to date with the latest program guide and never miss your favourite show again!
On selected channels Cable TV allows you to rewind up to two days worth, and re-watch your favourite programs!
Advanced Parental Control
Quick and easy to set up, our Parental Control feature helps you control what channels and programs your children have access to.
sinémax is your Video on Demand (VOD) service powered by Cable & Wireless TV.
Get started with a selection of News, Entertainment, Sports & Kids channels....
Take your subscription to the next level! Get all the benefits of the Starter package + Movies, Music , more sports, more kids & more entertainment channels.
The most popular package! Get the most out of Cable TV with Primetime, giving you access to Premium sports, music, movie, entertainment and kids channels.
Bringing the Cinema to your home
sinémaX is your Video on Demand (VOD) service powered by Cable & Wireless TV.
With sinémaX Store you are able to rent out the latest blockbusters from a diverse library of films, anytime you want! You may watch your rented films over and over, within the 48 hours of rental. The films that you decide to rent will then be charged to your monthly TV bill.
CWS TV- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for the service?
- What are the application minimum requirements?
*Applicant must at least be 18 years old;
*Applicant must provide all the required valid requirements such as proof of ID and proof of address;
*Applicant must settle any previous outstanding bills with CWS
- If the current fixed line bill is not in my name, can I apply for CWS TV?
Yes, provided that you get written and signed confirmation from the account holder
- I have a prepaid voice and/or internet service with CWS. Can I apply for CWS TV?
Yes- your fixed voice and broadband service should not affect your application
- How long will it take for the service to be installed after I have applied?
-Existing ADSL broadband customers- Depending on availability of equipment this may take up to 10 working days
-Existing Fixed Line Voice customers- Depending on availability of equipment this may take up to 10 working days
-Households without existing CWS infrastructure may take up to 3 weeks due to mandatory technical feasibility survey and ground work
- What do I need for CWS TV to work?
A line from CWS which is capable of supporting at least 20Mbps of local bandwidth
- Do I need to have a satellite dish?
No- CWS TV installation requires only a line
- Do I need to have an ADSL Broadband connection?
Yes. CWS TV installation requires a ADSL line for its transmission. The line is used for the delivery of services, note that you can have a TV service without internet services.
- Do I need to have a fixed line connection?
Yes. CWS TV installation requires a line for its transmission. Note that the line is used only for the delivery of services. You can have only a TV service without a Fixed Voice service.
-Installation Fee- Currently FREE
-STB Fee- Option 1- SR1495 (Inc VAT) one off or Option 2- rent @ SR50 (Inc VAT) per month (for postpaid only)
- What is the warranty on STB?
- What is the warranty on remote?
- Can I use my own STB?
No, only STBs provided by CWS can be used.
- Can I use my current provider’s decoder?
No, only STBs provided by CWS can be used.
- Can I use my current provider’s Cable?
No, only CWS’ line can be used.
- Will CWS TV work on my TV set?
CWS TV supports HDMI port and RCA (red, white & yellow) ports. All TV sets have at least RCA port so you should be ok.
- My STB is faulty- how much is it for a replacement?
Option 1 for Prepaid & Postpaid- SR1495 if outside of warranty, FREE if the fault is identified as factory defect and the fault is within your warranty eligible period.
Option 2 for Postpaid only- Free replacement if you are signed up to the monthly STB rental scheme.
- My remote is faulty- how much is it for a replacement?
SR259 (Inc VAT)
- What are the subscription types available?
CWS TV packages are available in Postpaid and Prepaid subscriptions. For postpaid you also have an option of renting the STB @ SR50 (inc VAT) per month.
- What happens if I fail to pay on time?
-For prepaid subscription your service will be disconnected automatically if you do not renew before the due date. Service restored automatically once subscription payment is made.
-For Postpaid- in line with our credit control processes our agents will get in touch with you to see when you can make payments, understanding the situation and also advise you on ways to prevent your service from being disconnected.
- Where can I pay for my monthly package subscription?
Online via eShop, at any of our popular Cable Kiosks or at any of our customer service outlets and partner outlets (Double Click (Mahe & Praslin), JPL (Eden Plaza, Anse Royale, Beau Vallon) and Post Office.
- How long will it take for reconnection of service after payment is made?
- Will I be charged a reconnection fee?
No, you will not be charged a reconnection fee.
- Can I receive my billing statement via email?
Yes. Simply apply for FREE at any of our customer service outlets.
- What are the charges on your first bill?
We bill one month in advance for post-paid. Your first bill reflects pro-rata charges (proportional fees from activation date to bill date) and subscription charges for the current period. If you have opted to have your STB as one-off and charged to your bill (i.e you opted not to pay upfront) , this will be reflected as well.
- Can I move from post-paid to prepaid and Vice-Versa?
- My current provider has certain channels which I do not see in the CWS TV bouquets. Why is that?
All of CWS’ channels are legal & legitimately acquired, respecting the regional distribution content rights of owners. CWS endeavors to get the best content to Seychelles whilst respecting the law and trade rights. Consequently, CWS is confident that its selection of channels is representative of what most viewers wish to see and will continue to add new channels to enhance its content line-up.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
Yes, you will be binded to the CWS TV terms & conditions (Ts & Cs). See Ts&Cs on the registration page. However, you are free to cancel your services at any point in time.
- Can I change my package at any time?
Yes, you can upgrade or downgrade your package at any time, we recommend doing this at the beginning of each billing cycle to avoid part rental charges
- Do you have Dual View & how much does it cost?
Currently we offer the option of having a second package, this package carries the same subscription rates as the standard packages.
- How many packages/STB can I have per copper line?
You can have up to two packages per copper line.
- If I have requested for my voice line to be barred outgoing, do I still get CWS TV?
Yes, your phone service has no impact on your TV service.
- Will my CWS TV service increase my broadband internet usage/bill?
No. Your CWS TV service has no impact on your broadband internet usage and bill.
- Do you have Electronic Program Guide (EPG)?
Yes, we have an EPG available with features like timeshift which allows you to catch up on missed programs.
- I am having difficulties operating some of the features of my service. Who can help me?
Please contact customer service, our agents will be happy to assist you.
- My CWS TV is not working, what do I do?
1. Please ensure that all bills have been settled
2. Try restarting your modem & STB
3. Check that there are no loose cables
4. If your TV is still not working please contact customer service for assistance.
- Which number do I call if I need assistance?
Call 121 our 24/7 support line and one of our agents will assist you.